Tuesday 19 July 2011

Blueberry Tart

Summer is my favourite season. The sun is bright, the day is long, the fruits are sweet and abundant and the mood is uplifting! Except for the peculiarly heavy rain that dampened the mood on some days... On days like this, I just stay in and bake. Today, I decided to bake a blueberry tart.
It's not a big task and nothing complicated about it. I had some pate brisee dough from a previous baking session which I could use for the crust. Then I hopped onto my bicycle and whisked round the corner to get some blueberries. Though I have never really riden a bicycle much, during my time in the Netherlands, it has became my favourite source of transport and I love riding it. Back in my kitchen in no time and within an hour, my blueberry tart is bubbling in the oven, screaming to be tasted! Well, my editor and I never fail to accomplish this rather pleasing job ;) I was hoping we could save some for tomorrow, but it's all in our stomachs now!





No comments: