Saturday 26 March 2011

Orange Polenta Cake

London is a place that grows on you. There are enough annoyances to drive you crazy like the weather, the signaling problems on the tube… but there are also plenty of reasons to like it. It’s conservative yet exuberant, it’s quaint!
One of my favourite past times in London on the weekends was to wander in the beautiful Marylebone neighbourhood, visiting the farmers’ market, marveling at the beautiful things displayed in the windows and discovering interesting nooks and crannies. Le Fromagerie, is a little cheese shop tucked in one of the side streets of Marylebone. I liked to sit in this unconventional shop on a lazy Sunday morning, enjoyed my serenity and tasting its menu of the day. They serve lovely cakes and one of them, orange polenta cake. I wanted to replicate it, though not exactly the same, my first ever polenta cake turned out brilliantly! Crusty, moist and sublime.





No comments: