Saturday 26 March 2011

Peasant Food

March 7 2011: The rain is back, it hasn't stopped since Friday... it's the dreadful drizzle that never ends... to fend off the lousy mood, I invited my girlfriend over for porridge, served with pickled vege, fried anchovies, salted egg and fried eggs with pickled radish.
It's a peasant's feast, it feels like home sweet home ;) My editor would disagree. It's the kind of food I cook when my monthly allowance has disappeared thanks to my spending frenzies. Out of the blue, a straw hat pops up in a corner of the room, waiting to be worn on my (indefinite) next sunny holiday; new track suit that I promised would spur me on to the gym; dresses that I could hardly find the right occasion or weather to wear... I only got away with it because my editor is nice ;)



No comments: