Saturday 26 February 2011

Cafe Food

It's the weekend, yeah! As usual, I didn't get up until my stomach protested and the sun was shining well above my head. The question then was what to eat and where to go? we finally found the answer. There is this little cafe tucked in the corner of an alleyway that we have always wanted to try. So there we were, seated next to the window with our books and newspapers.
The headline of the articles read "Gaddafi's Vicious Fight for Survival", "Heady but Dangerous Times in the Arab World". Whilst they are fighting for their rights and against repression for better days, I felt very lucky to be able to enjoy my Sunday looking out to a beautiful day. As I gazed out, my thoughts went to my sister who was waiting to be evacuated from Libya... The menu looked enticing. My husband ordered a lamb burger and I ordered an open toast - a toasted nutty brown bread with brie, dressed with walnut, grapes and corn salad, drizzled with a mixed nut pesto. It was so yummy... I love it! It's my kind of food - Simple, beautiful combination and well executed. I felt recharged, satisfied ;)

p.s. as this post goes public, my sister has made it out of Libya, is in Rome and on her way home :)



2 comments:

Malinder said...

Next time I visit that cafe, I'm gonna try the open toast. *Yum*

Sheau-Yin said...

Good choice! Tried their other toasts and sandwiches but this is my favourite ;)