Saturday 26 February 2011

Tea Time Delight

The weather's grey, but I know how to cheer myself up. Known as 'quatre-quarts' in French, the quarter pound cake is one of my favourite tea time delights. It is extremely easy to prepare but it is delicious.
I love watching pound cake baking in the oven - the forming of the crust on top of the cake makes me happy; the smell of the butter makes me just want to bite into it straight away! Yes, I'm crazy about pound cake, a good pound cake that is moist and buttery. I like to add lemon zest to my pound cake, it gives it a tiny tinge of extra flavour that melts my heart. I also found a type of cake flour with a hint of natural lemon powder, which further enhances the lemon flavour I relish. I can easily devour a whole pound cake myself in one afternoon! The next time you fancy a cup of tea, make yourself a pound cake, serve it warm (with vanilla ice cream) and I can assure you that you'll feel uplifted regardless of the weather outside.





No comments: