Wednesday 13 April 2011

Pancakes with Orange Pomegranate syrup

I promised my editor that, one day I would make him some pancakes served in bed. He likes the fluffy American pancakes, so do I, though I also like crepes, the French version of pancakes. Pancake is great for breakfast or brunch especially on a lazy Saturday or Sunday.
It doesn’t take long to prepare, it’s yummy and it starts you off to a nice day. You can add your favourite sweet or savoury toppings - maple syrup (classic!); chocolate sauce; chestnut sauce; orange sauce; caramel au beurre; with summer berries or banana, basically anything you fancy! I had some oranges and pomegranates sitting in the fridge, so I made a syrup out of them ;) It’s a lovely combination - the pomegranate makes the orange syrup a little tangy and slightly red in colour. Would have loved to add some fresh fruits to it but we were hungry, so we just settled for pancake with orange pomegranate sauce, simple but still delicious ;) the only improvement requested from my editor was to make it a little fluffier... noted ;)






No comments: