Thursday 7 April 2011

Strawberry Mascarpone Tart

Strawberries and cream, a Wimbledon signature snack! Oh yes, Wimbledon, Wimbledon, one of the Tennis Grand Slam tournaments and one that has a special place in my heart. Oh how I used to dislike the drizzle of London, but on this occasion in June 2005, I was glad it rained, or I wouldn't have had the opportunity to watch a Special Sunday Wimbledon Final. 
I have a dessert for Roland Garros, so I thought I should have one for Wimbledon too, with strawberry being the main ingredient of course! Not very often do you find sweet strawberries but I always can't refuse buying them because they look so beautiful! But after buying them, comes the struggle to finish them, often with squinty eyes and ruffled nose. Saw Nigella Lawson’s cooking programme the other day, her strawberry crumble looked delicious and inspired me to bake something with strawberry. I like the idea of a strawberry and mascarpone cream tart. While the idea is not new, it’s the first time I’m making it. Just thinking of the fresh juicy strawberries served with lovely mascarpone cream makes me smile. Now that's something to look forward to this summer ;)




No comments: