Thursday 21 July 2011

Brioche aux fruits

The rain finally stopped, well, for today. Went for my tennis lesson. It wasn't the most strenuous session I ever had but strangely I was panting badly after only a short rally. It's probably one of those days or maybe the rain has been keeping me away from tennis, enough to undo whatever stamina I had built up over the last week. I was really hungry and tired when I got home. As my editor had a prior engagement with his colleagues, I was left to fend for myself this evening. Not very exciting cooking for myself, so I decided to bake.
I was thinking of brioche, a lovely viennoiserie, a mix between bread and pastry. It's made the same way as bread but has a richer aspect of pastry with butter and eggs added to it. Waking up early in the morning is not easy but I wouldn't mind doing it for the taste of freshly baked bread! I had some brioche dough prepared the day before, and I picked up some beautiful white peaches from the organic market earlier today, so I thought I'd make a brioche with frangipane cream and peaches centre. Some time passed, and my brioche was, at last, baked! I had a big piece straight away, my hunger tamed, my tummy slightly bulging but I'm happy, satisfied ;) waiting to share it with my editor later as supper!


No comments: