Friday 12 August 2011

Pizza

I like to eat, and don't be fooled by my small frame, I could eat as much as my editor! I like food of all kind (almost ;)). I grew up eating fast food pizza and never liked it, but eating the real thing in Italy changed my mind :) We chanced on a pizza restaurant in Alghero, Sardinia one evening and had some amazing pizzas that it inspired me to make my own!
I loved their gorgonzola cheese with pear, and beef with chimichurri sauce. Got a pizza recipe from a cooking programme, I started working on it using spelt flour which is a little more nutritious than wheat flour. It has a slightly nutty and sweet taste to it and it's light. I like my dough thin and crispy but the first time, I may have rolled it out a little too thin or baked it a little too much, it's a tad too crispy but I still like it. Gorgonzola cheese and pear, and another with roasted beef slices and rucola, drizzled with olive oil that we bought from Sardinia, oooo... it's irresistable :) It may not have passed the Italians' test, but here they are, my pizza :)




more gorgonzola next time :)


No comments: