Wednesday 13 April 2011

Passion Fruit Bavaroise

Trees are sprouting and flowers are blooming, it’s the start of a beautiful season. Yes, spring is here! ;) How about celebrating the arrival of spring with a dessert?
Thought of bavaroise, a light and airy pudding served cold, rejuvenating! So last weekend, I got up early to assemble this new dessert - passion fruit bavaroise with mango coulis and a streusel base. I like to think of baking as an assembly line… each component is separately prepared before assembling them into the final product, then comes the decorating before it’s shown to the table. Baking also has its seasons… some days rainy, some days sunshine, some days cloudy, some days cold and crisp, and some days are simply freezing. April 3rd, it was sunshine for me – my passion fruit bavaroise was a success ;) Well, after having a week of rain, it’s about time!




the bavaroise was a little soft and stuck to the mold as I removed it... the look may not be perfect but the taste is lovely



2 comments:

Malinder said...

Thanks for sharing a piece with me! These were heavenly, light and so refreshing :)

Sheau-Yin said...

You're most welcome ;) glad that you like it!