Sunday 13 March 2011

Banana Rhapsody

The sun was shining so brightly today that I couldn’t resist taking my bicycle to the beach. Passing by woods, parks and canals, I zigzagged my way to Scheveningen, a nearby beach suburb. Found a nice spot, laid out my beach towel, and was reading a book written by Jeffrey Archer, And Thereby Hangs A Tale (love his novel Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less). 
A little girl kept coming up to me and spoke to me in Dutch, and before she left for the day, she came to me again and said she was going to have a strawberry ice cream, how sweet! Would have been nice to stay to watch the sun set but it was starting to feel slightly chilly and I was thinking about banana cupcakes! Couldn’t fight temptation, so I got up and paddled home. As soon as I got home, I got straight into it and before long the whole apartment was filled with the smell of baked banana, nice... Cupcakes seem to be the in thing, many with colourful and fancy toppings. However, I like mine basic, real. I put more bananas in it, enough to taste bits of the soft and moist mashed bananas when you bite into it. Decadent! Think I’m going to skip dinner ;)





No comments: