Saturday 19 March 2011

Kahlua Tiramisu

I first attempted to make tiramisu because I was inspired by a friend who told me it's one of his favourite desserts. I browsed the net for a recipe, mixing it with one from my school and adding a touch of my husband's idea, and there... the inception of my version of a tiramisu.
You can easily buy ready-made lady fingers but I like to make them myself. They are so light and easy to eat that most of the time when they're freshly out of the oven, I have to restrain myself from eating them all! I dip the lady fingers in coffee seriously infused with kahlua and make a light mascarpone cream to go with it... voila a simple yet expressive dessert that will seduce most to take a bite. The first time I made it, I was a little too generous with the kahlua... my guests were slightly intoxicated. A welcoming change I'm sure :)





No comments: