Saturday 26 March 2011

Indulgence

To most people especially girls, chocolate is heaven. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of chocolate though. But once in a while, I do indulge myself in some chocolate desserts, and I must say when it's done right, it tastes like heaven.
The French are famous for their chocolate, the Swiss and the Belgians will probably protest, but I do have a soft spot for French chocolate, perhaps I'm used to working with French chocolate (being taught in a French baking school). I bought a Valrhona chocolate dessert book recently and leafing through the pages, a dessert caught my eyes - Royal, made of chocolate mousse, crunchy praline and a dacquoise base. I tried it once for a party that I was invited to and everyone loved it. However, to keep things simple, I decided to just make the chocolate mousse with a sable breton base. It's a mousse with crème anglaise. I love making mousse as I enjoy the sensation of mixing whipped cream into melted chocolate and seeing it transform into a beautiful mousse. The taste? I adore it! While you need to have the patience of a saint to wait for the mousse to set in the fridge, the good thing is you don't need to pay a lot to enjoy this dessert ;)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cuz! YOur blog site is making me drool! Awesome blog site, by the way! :) French chocolate and British chocolates are some of the best chocolates in the world! Keep up the excellent work! We're rooting for you all the way!

Sheau-Yin said...

Wow, I'm so happy to hear from you all! Thanks for the compliments ;)

Tongchen, had a glance at your blog, it looks very interesting though I don't quite understand all of it! It's time for me to brush up my chinese :)

To my anonymous follower, you must introduce me to some British chocolates! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheau-Yin
Thanks to my colleague Xavier, I was very lucky to be able to try this wonderful piece of indulgence. Thank you so much, it was simply delicious!
Karen

Sheau-Yin said...

Hi Karen,

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it ;) Looking forward to making more delicious desserts ;)