Saturday 5 March 2011

Simply Lemon

A friend once asked me to bake something delicious but something not too sweet nor chocolatey for a dinner he wanted to host, I immediately thought of lemon tart, a baked lemon tart!
To dress it up a little to suit the occasion, I added blackberries to it. The result was simply delicious. What I like about lemon tarts is its total lack of pretence - a humble crumbly base with a soft lemon filling baked to perfection, slightly browned on top...  perfect dessert for someone with a not-so-sweet tooth.





2 comments:

Xavier said...

I've always loved tangy desserts. Key Lime Pie is one of my all time favorites. SY's lemon tart fulfilled all my expectations; it was sweet, it was sour, and it was exciting. Keep up the good work!

Sheau-Yin said...

Thanks Xavier, I'm so glad you like it! I'll make you a key lime pie one day ;)