Saturday 19 March 2011

Finding a Jewel in the Crown...

The sky was overcast, the mood was melancholy, but I was out with my girlfriend having a nice time wandering the cobbled streets of The Hague. The cold occasionally numbed my lips so much so that I felt retarded when I spoke and was trying to hold back my saliva.
A tiny shop that sells used books and old prints "Imagerie" attracted us, we went in and it was a pleasant surprise to find this book – a 1930s cook book by Mrs. Beeton. I have been wanting to collect some old recipes or cook books, this is my first :) Seven hundred over pages on cookery and housecraft, I’m so excited! We checked out a tea shop, a fabric shop, interior and furniture shops and several fashion shops... another surprise of the day was a frock that I couldn’t resist not to take home with me.




No comments: